A friend of mine passed along an interesting list of ways to be miserable in life. The original note written on old fax paper has all but faded, but the truths mentioned are timeless and life-changing for anyone wanting a fresh start and outlook in life. Take a moment to read and think about these twenty ways to be miserable in life. If they challenge you and you want to make a change…make a change.
How to be miserable in life…
- Use “I” as often as possible.
- Always be sensitive to slights.
- Be jealous and envious.
- Think only about yourself.
- Talk only about yourself.
- Trust no one.
- Never forget a criticism.
- Always expect to be appreciated.
- Be suspicious.
- Listen greedily to what others say about you.
- Always look for faults in others.
- Do as little as possible for others.
- Shirk your duties if you can.
- Never forget a service you may have rendered.
- Sulk if people aren’t grateful for favors.
- Insist on consideration and respect.
- Demand agreement with your own views on everything.
- Always look for a good time.
- Love yourself first.
- Be selfish at all times.
This formula is guaranteed to work…